Published on September 24, 2021
30 Minute Mole (Peanut Free)
Recipe adapted by Kelsey Perusse. MS, CN from Marcela Valladolid
- 5 pasilla chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 1/2 ounces Mexican chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons smooth hazelnut butter
- 1 - 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 2 corn tostadas, torn into pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- For mole sauce, soak the chiles in 1 1/4 cups water for 15 minutes. Drain well and discard the soaking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add the chiles, chocolate, chicken broth, hazelnut butter, honey, oregano and tostadas and blend until very smooth. Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and bring to a simmer and allow mole to cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the rotisserie chicken pieces and stir to combine.
Nutrition information: Calories: 303 Fat: 7.8 g Sat Fat: 2.4 g Trans: 0 g Fiber: .5 g Sugar: 2.5 g