Angel Hair Pasta with Basil and Shrimp
- 8 oz uncooked dried angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1# fresh or frozen shrimp
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cans (28oz) no-added salt Italian tomatoes or fresh plum tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Rinse with hot water.
- Toss with 1 tbsp hot oil. Keep warm. In 10 inch skillet, heat remaining oil, add garlic.Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp and set aside. Stir in remaining ingredients, except parmesan cheese.Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add shrimp, continue cooking until shrimp are heated through.
- Serve over hot pasta; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Makes: 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 300, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 10 g, Carbohydrate 41 gm, Cholesterol 28 mg, Sodium 490 mg.