Published on June 06, 2020
Arugula Salad with Papaya Dressing
*recipe modified from Kripalu Seasonal Menus
For the dressing
- 1 ½ cups cubed fresh papaya
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons papaya seeds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 6 cups arugula
- ¼cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ red bell pepper, medium dice
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender, excluding the olive oil. Blending until smooth, then while motor is running, slowing pour in the olive oil.
- Combine arugula, pumpkin seeds, and peppers in a salad bowl. Add some of the dressing and toss to coat the arugula.
- Serve immediately.