Published on June 15, 2020
Chicken Pesto Wrap
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 T pesto (homemade-see recipe below or store bought)
- 2 thin slices provolone cheese (optional)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, crimini or baby bella
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (dried)
- ½ cup baby spinach, washed and dried
- Lay tortillas out on a flat surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each tortilla down the center. Place 2 slices of provolone on top of the pesto, along with half of the chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach in each tortilla.
- Heat a flat pan or skillet over low/medium heat on the stove. Fold each tortilla into thirds, creating a flat surface on both sides.
- Depending on your pan size cook one or both of the wraps for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 2 cups packed, fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, walnuts or pistachios
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the basil in with the nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. Add the garlic and cheese and pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Makes: 1 cup
Original recipes by Chef Kelsey Saylor