Chocolate Chickpea Protein Cookies
This recipe, from For the Love of Fiber website, is a sweet treat that contains sleep-inducing chickpeas and whole grains.
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup palm sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ½ cup rolled oats 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the palm sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flour, flax, oats, walnuts, and baking soda. Mix until the dough becomes thick.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto the baking sheet, spacing each about 2 inches apart. Press gently with a fork to flatten. Bake until golden and just set, about 20 minutes.
Makes 15 two-cookie servings with 237calories, 12 g fat, 30 g carbohydrates, 172 mg sodium, and 5 g fiber.