Published on June 06, 2020
Confetti Rice and Bean Salad
Recipe by: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Total Time: 2 hours 15 mins (includes chilling time). Prep Time: 15 mins.
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed (or same amount fresh corn kernels)
- 4 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Toss to coat. Chill the salad for at least 2 hours before serving to let the flavors blend.