Published on June 06, 2020
Green Goodness Smoothie
Recipe written by: Kelsey Perusse
- Cilantro: Anti-bacterial, Toxic Metal Cleaning.
- Spirulina: Algae, high in protein and iron. Removes toxins and boosts immunity.
- Kale: Acid makes iron in kale bioavailable (thus the lime in the smoothie). The coconut oil is needed because carotenoids need to be paired with fat to be released. Kale contains more vitamin C then an orange.
- Lime: High in vitamin C, helps to balance the alkalinity of the greens and improves taste.
- 2 leaves kale
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Spirulina
- ½ cup pineapple
- ½ cup mango
- ½ banana
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 t coconut oil
- ½ cup Water
- Add all the ingredients to a vita-mix and blend until smooth.