Maple Mustard Dressing
This recipe, from Julieanna Hever, “The Plant-Based Dietitian,” uses sesame tahini paste (ground sesame seeds) instead of oil, which is an excellent high quality fat source
- 2/3-1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini paste
- 2-3 tablespoons tamari (or Bragg’s amino acids or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (or stoneground or yellow mustard, depending on preference)
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients on high until smooth.
2. To make a creamier dressing, add 1 can white beans, rinsed well.
Makes 24 servings with 30 calories, 1 g fat, 161 mg sodium, 3 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugars