Overnight Buckwheat and Oat Waffles
Prep time: 15 minutes plus 8 hours soaking time Makes
- 2/3 cup steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
1. Combine oats, buckwheat, yogurt and water in blender jar. 1 ¼ cup milk* can also be used. Cover and let soak overnight or 6-8 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Put blender bowl on base. Add remaining ingredients to grains and blend until smooth. Add a little water if needed.
3. Preheat an oiled griddle or skillet. Pour about ¼ cup batter onto griddle and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat until all batter is used. Keep finished pancakes warm in the oven while you finish. *Tip: Any milk, cow, goat, rice, soy or nut, can be used. I also like using a combination of yogurt and water to soak the grains.