Quinoa Croquettes with Pink Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups dry quinoa
- 1 large yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. mellow white miso, dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup cashews
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the water and quinoa in a medium pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low to medium heat for 15 minutes, with minimal or no stirring.
- Place the onion in a large saucepan and sauté for 7 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper flakes, and cook for another minute. Add the miso, tomato puree, and the nutritional yeast, and mix well. Add the quinoa and salt to taste, mixing well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop or a 1/3 cup measure, shape the quinoa mixture into cakes on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm.
- Combine the cashews and water in a blender, mixing until smooth.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients to the blender and mix.
- Heat over the stove until warm, being careful not to boil to prevent burning.
- Serve the quinoa croquettes each topped with 2-3 Tbsp. of sauce
Yield: 4 Large Servings (~7 croquettes each)
Nutrition Facts: 647 calories, 20 g fat, 24 g protein, 96 g carbohydrate, 599 mg sodium