Published on June 15, 2020
Dark Chocolate Hummus
Recipe by: https://www.acouplecooks.com/dark-chocolate-hummus/
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave syrup, to taste
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (Dutch process or dark chocolate, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Drain the chickpeas.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, maple or agave syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, kosher salt, and 2 tablespoons water. Puree for 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Taste; if necessary, add a bit more syrup to your liking. Add additional 1 to 2 tablespoons water and puree again to come to a creamy consistency. Store refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
- Serve with pretzels (gluten-free if desired), green apple slices, and strawberries.