Published on June 17, 2020
Red radish and cucumber salad
Use your garden bounty in this recipe from Full Circle Farm, a local CSA.
- 1 pound red radishes, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons safflower or olive oil
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced shallots or white onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Place the thinly sliced shallots or onions in a small bowl of ice water to take away some of their bite while your prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and dill.Add radishes, shallots, and cucumber.Toss until evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a side dish to grilled meat or a spicy dish.