Savory Pumpkin Hummus
Recipe by: As Easy As Apple Pie
Prep time: 5 minutes. Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika water if needed
- To garnish (optional): chopped parsley, sesame seeds, paprika, extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add more olive oil or water if it's too thick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place the savory pumpkin hummus in a shallow bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with sesame seeds, chopped parsley and paprika.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutrition information: Per serving (60 g) — Calories: 16; Fat: 6.1 g; Saturated Fat: 0.8 g; Sodium: 160 mg; Carbohydrates: 21.6 g; Fiber: 6.4 g; Sugar: 4.1 g; Protein: 6.8 g
Serves: 8 (Makes 2 cups of hummus)