Published on June 06, 2020
Toasted Almond Kale Salad
Recipe courtesy Nancy Fuller
Recipe modified from original source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/kale-and-brussels-sprout-salad.html
- 4 Cups Tuscan kale, center stems discarded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 small shallot
- 1 Cup finely grated pecorino
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor fitted with a slicing blade, shred the kale. Add the garlic and shallot and shred. (Alternatively, shred and mince the vegetables with a knife.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pecorino, olive oil, toasted almonds, mustard, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add in the shredded kale and toss well to combine. Let the salad sit for 10 minutes before serving to allow the dressing to permeate the greens.