Traditional Indian Raita
Bon Appétit | May 2008, by the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Can't take the heat? Then eat some raita. In India, the condiment is used to cool the palate.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded English hothouse cucumber
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp chopped green onions or chives
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt. Chill raita, covered, until ready to serve.
Makes: 1 cup