Tuscan White Bean and Spinach Soup
This Food.com recipe is quick and easy. Adjust the amount of broth depending on how thick you like your soup. Tomatoes, spinach, garlic, and olive oil are anti-inflammatory foods, in addition to containing antioxidants.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3-4 cups fat-free chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans (such as cannellini)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta shells
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 cups baby spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
In a large sauce pan, sauté the shallots and garlic in the olive oil. Add broth, tomatoes, beans, and rosemary to the pot. Season with black and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
Add pasta and cook 12 minutes. If the soup seems too thick, add more broth. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving contains 218 calories, 3 g fat, 8 g fiber, 726 mg sodium.