Twice Baked Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from www.lentils.org
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt (plain)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- Dash Cinnamon
- Dash Paprika
- 2 Green Onions, chopped and separated by green and white parts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked Green Lentils
- 2/3 cup finely grated Cheddar or Parmesan Cheese
- Salsa, Avocado (optional)
- Bake sweet potatoes in 425 degree F oven for 20-40 minutes (depending on size).
- Cut in half and scoop out into a bowl, leaving a ¼” border.
- Add yogurt and white of green onions, lentils, half of the cheese, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Mash.
- Spoon filling back into the sweet potato shells and sprinkle remaining cheese and green of green onions.
- Place stuffed potato halves on baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve as is or with salsa and avocado slices.
Nutritional Information per serving (half sweet potato): 200 Kcals, 10 grams Protein, 6 grams Fat, 25 grams Carbohydrate, 6 grams Fiber, 440 mg Sodium, 430 mg Potassium, 68 mcg Folate.