Vanilla Cashew Cream
Recipe adapted from Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grind nuts to a fine meal in a small grinder (or powerful blender).
- Put ground cashews, maple syrup, and vanilla in blender.
- With blender running, add water a little at a time until reaches a thick, creamy texture.
- Use vanilla cream to top cooked fruits, cakes, or other desserts.
Nutrition Info Per Serving: 1 Tablespoon Calories: 49; Total Fat: 4 g (1 g saturated, 2 g monounsaturated); Carbohydrates: 3 g; Protein: 2 g, Fiber: 0.31 g; Sodium: 3 mg Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days