Zesty Baked Chicken Wings
This recipe from The Skinnygirl Dish can be made at home and taken to the tailgate party wrapped in foil. Make the homemade yogurt dip to replace the ranch dressing and get all the creaminess with none of the fat!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 16 chicken wings, each halved at joint and with tip removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over wings, transfer to a zip-top plastic bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Mix together Parmesan, parsley, and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat wings in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared pan. Bake on lowest oven rack for 20 minutes, then turn and cook for 10 more minutes.
While wings are baking, combine dip ingredients in a small bowl. Serve the wings with the dip.